Blackpool Council offers a textile recycling collection alongside your fortnightly recycling bin collections. The income generated is shared between local charities and also helps support the running of the service.
- Collections must be pre-booked
- You can request a collection using the online form
- Textile recycling is only available in bin recycling areas
- Textile sacks should be presented by 7.30am for collection on the next working day. They will be collected within 48 hours
- Collections operate Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 4.00pm
- Textiles must be presented in a Blackpool Council textile sack, or, in a bag with a note stating “Textiles for Blackpool Council” attached
- On collection, we will leave you with a textile sack for any future bookings
- A different vehicle collects your textile sack from your recycling containers
The following items can be recycled in your textile sack;
Please do not put any bric-a-brac, curtains or bedding inside your sack.
Request textile sacks
To request textile sacks, complete the form and we'll deliver them within 3 working days.