For general enquiries about applying to become a British Citizen, contact the Home Office on 0151 237 5478.
Arranging your citizenship ceremony
When and where are Blackpool ceremonies held
Blackpool holds public group ceremonies in order to reinforce the community nature of citizenship.
- The ceremonies are usually held on the last Friday of each month
- They take place at Blackpool Town Hall, Talbot Square, Blackpool
- Children under 18 years old do not have to attend a ceremony but are encouraged to
What to bring with you
Please bring a valid photo ID (eg passport or driving licence) and your Home Office invitation letter or email.
During the ceremony
- Swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the Crown and make a pledge to uphold UK values and laws
- Be presented with a certificate of British citizenship
If you would prefer to have an individual ceremony, you can choose to hold your ceremony either at The Wedding Chapel or at any of our Approved Venues in Blackpool. This does mean paying an additional fee. For a private ceremony the days and times that we are able to offer are dependent on availability.
Certificate of Naturalisation
Your certificate is sent to us by the Home Office. If the personal details you gave us do not appear correctly on your certificate, you should return it after the ceremony has taken place to:
Home Office Nationality Group
PO Box 306
You should explain the mistake and enclose evidence to support what you say.
The Home Office usually wants to see official documents as evidence. If the mistake is yours, they may not be able to change it.