A new era for a Better Blackpool
We are delighted to share the news that Blackpool has formally signed the terms of its £39.5m Town Deal as we welcome a new era of partnership working with the government.
Awarded from the government’s £3.6bn Towns Fund, the deal will provide a huge boost to the town’s regeneration and post-COVID economic recovery.
It also opens the door for a wider conversation with government about future ways to support and revitalise the town.
As one of the first seven out of 101 UK towns to secure funding, our ambition is to create a more attractive place to live, work and play, and to boost our local economy, leading to more jobs for local people.
In 2020, we asked you what you would change here in Blackpool if you had the opportunity and your response to the survey was fantastic. Thank you to everyone who took part, all your comments were taken on board and a range of priority projects have been put forward that will help transform the town.
Now Blackpool Council, on behalf of the Blackpool Town Deal Board, is inviting local residents, businesses and visitors once again to review the shortlisted projects put forward and have their say on how the seven schemes should be developed. All comments and responses will be used to develop the business case for each project which will be submitted back to the Government for approval.
Over the next few months the Council and Town Deal Board they will work with government to get the projects shovel-ready for delivery so that work can begin as soon as investment is received and to ensure all residents will benefit.
- Relocation of the Blackpool central courts (£8m) - Supporting the relocation of Blackpool’s magistrates and civil court to open up space for a new world-class, year-round visitor attraction.
- Multiversity (£9m) - Supporting the relocation of the Blackpool & The Fylde College’s Palatine Road campus to a new carbon neutral university campus in the town centre, improving education and revitalising Blackpool.
- Investment in infrastructure at Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone (£7.5m) - Creating a new road to open up development sites to attract jobs and investment on the Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone.
- Southern Quarter/Revoe Community Sports Village (£5.5m) – Starting the regeneration of the Revoe area, creating new sports pitches and facilities for community use.
- The Edge (£4.5m) - Redevelopment of a town centre building to create modern office space for new start-ups and growing businesses
- Blackpool Illuminations modernisation (£4.5m) – Upgrading the world famous Blackpool Illuminations to attract new visitors by including new features and letting them shine for longer every year.
- Blackpool Youth Hub (£0.5m) – The development of a virtual and physical space to help our young people into training and work.
Find out more
or email email@example.com