Blackpool Council receives a number of requests of a similar nature for information which relates to business rate accounts (non-domestic properties). To address these requests we are now publishing specific information on:
A full list of non-domestic properties within Blackpool, with rateable value, property description, liability start and end dates, property address, empty property status and details of any mandatory of discretionary reliefs granted by the council.
We will publish this information on a monthly basis and the latest information is available from the above links. We will not provide individual responses to requests for similar information but will re-direct requests to this page. If the information you request is not published on this page then you can submit a Freedom of Information request to us.
Limitations on data
- We do not provide the names of sole-traders of partnerships as this is personal data, and its release is prevented by the Data Protection Act
- We do not provide contact names or address for the companies listed, as this information is available from companies house
- We do not supply ratepayer telephone numbers or email addresses, as these are deemed to have been supplied to the council in confidence and for the sole purpose of administering their business rate liability
- The ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In many cases this is a leaseholder and not an owner. It is not possible to identify the owners from our records. This information is available from land registry
- Account references are not included as these are personal to the account, and are used to ensure that a ratepayer is actually the account holder when they contact the council
- The data is available electronically, in CSV and XLS format. We will charge for requests for printed material, and payment must be received be received before the printed material is released
The information supplied to you may only be used for your personal use.
FOI does not give you the right to re-use or make further use of the information. Some information may be copyrighted and FOI does not transfer the copyright to you.
You must contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to reuse the information for any use other than your personal use.