Councillors do not receive a salary although they can receive an allowance to help offset expenses or loss of earnings. When making a scheme of allowances for councillors, the Council has to consider recommendations from an Independent Remuneration Panel. Details of the scheme are contained within part 6 of the council's constitution and each year details of the payments made during the last financial year are below.
Register of Interests - co-opted members
The Council is required by law to keep a Register of Interests for its elected and co-opted members. The information includes:
- Details of any employment or business carried on by them
- The name of their employer
- Details of people who have paid towards election expenses
- Contracts between themselves/their firm and the Council
- Interests in any land in the area; details of any directorships
To view individual Registers of Interest please select the name of the person from the list below.