If you have already been receiving the Free School Meal premium you do not need to reapply.
If your child has recently changed school please email email@example.com with your:
- Child ’s name
- Date of birth
- Previous school
- New school and
- Date of change
If you cannot email please ring our team on 01253 478940 to advise.
Your child(ren) may be eligible to receive free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
Universal Credit (provided you have a net annual earned household income of no more that £7,400 (or £616.67 per month) – we may need to ask to see your Universal Credit award in the form of a photo or screen shot of your online Universal Credit statement, showing the full breakdown of your entitlement. This can be found in your online journal. We will contact you if this is required.
Applying for free school meals
The following schools manage their own free school meals service, separately from Blackpool Council. If your child(ren) attends one of the following schools you need to contact the school directly who will check if you qualify for free school meals:
- Anchorsholme Academy
- Armfield Academy
- Baines Endowed Primary School
- Blackpool Aspire Academy
- Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust
- Christ the King Catholic Academy
- Devonshire Primary Academy
- Blackpool Gateway Academy
- Mereside Primary Academy
- Montgomery Academy
- Revoe Learning Academy
- Roseacre Primary Academy
- St Cuthbert's Catholic Academy
- St Mary's Catholic Academy
- Thames Primary Academy
- Unity Academy
- Waterloo Primary Academy
- Westcliffe Primary Academy
- Westminster Primary Academy
For all other schools, if you live in the Blackpool Council area you can complete and submit our online free school meals form.
If you are currently in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you may not need to complete our form. If you are unsure about this please ring our claims team on 01253 478940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Free school meals application