From 1 September Blackpool Central library will be open:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Layton, Moor Park and Palatine libraries are already operating with the following limited opening hours:
- Monday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Saturday: 10.00am to 1.00pm
All other libraries will remain closed until further notice.
To ensure the safety of customers and employees you will be able to:
- Return books and other items
- Borrow and browse items
- Access computer facilities
There will be some necessary restrictions and procedures in place, including:
- Reduced visitor capacity
- Limited time on library computers
- Mandatory hand sanitising on entry and exit
- Use of protective screens at counters and around computer terminals
- No public toilet access or casual seating
- You need to wear face coverings in the library
Customers will also be asked to provide contact details to assist with the government’s Test and Trace programme.
Blackpool libraries provide a range of services to residents and visitors:
- Developing reading and supporting literacy for both children and adults
- Providing information
- Supporting learning and creating informal pathways into learning
- Providing safe, accessible and welcoming community spaces
Information is available in a number of different media and formats including books, large print, newspapers and periodicals, spoken word cassettes and CDs and 24/7 online reference resources including encyclopaedias and dictionaries.
There are 8 libraries in Blackpool including Central Library.
Blackpool Council operates 8 libraries as follows:
Blackpool library service hosts a wide range of events from regular reading groups to the popular annual festival of words - Wordpool.
You can join your local library for free.