Applying for a Blue Badge
You can apply for a Blue Badge in Blackpool in the following ways
- Print out an application form [PDF 131KB] and guidance notes
- Telephone the Blue Badge team on 01253 477477 to have an application form sent to you by post
- Call into the Customer First Centre, Municipal Buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool FY1 1AD
Please check the eligibility criteria before applying for a Blue Badge
If you apply for a discretionary badge a member of the Blue Badge team will carry out an assessment and approve, reject or refer you for an independent medical assessment. The medical assessments are carried out at:
Blackpool Centre for Independent Living
259 Whitegate Drive
The centre provides a wide range of fully accessible facilities for people with physical and sensory disabilities living in Blackpool.
If successful, the badge will be ordered from a national processing centre.
- If you apply in person, the badge will be issued to your home address
- If you apply online, by post or via a third party you will be notified when the badge arrives at the Customer First Centre and asked to collect it in person with proof of ID
You will need to provide
- A standard passport-sized photograph-these can be taken free of charge at the Customer First Centre or sent to us electronically if you apply online or by post
- Proof that you meet the automatic criteria (proofs must be dated within the last 12 months). Please do not send originals in the post
- Proof of ID and proof of residency - follow the guidance notes attached to the application form or use the online guidance for details of the type of documents that will be accepted
A £10 fee is payable if your application for a Blue Badge is successful. You can pay for your Blue Badge
by any of the following methods:
- Debit / Credit Card - telephone the Customer First Centre on 01253 477477 (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.15pm)
- By Post - cheques (not post dated) or postal orders should be crossed and made payable to Blackpool Council and sent to: Blue Badge team, Customer First Centre, Town Hall, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1AD. (Please write Ref: Blue Badge Payment and your address on the back of your cheque)
- Cash, cheques and card payments can be made in person - At the Customer First Centre, Municipal Buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1AD
You must return your expired badge to the authority that issued it. If you have a badge which is no longer required please return it to the Blue Badge team at the address above with an explanatory note so that we can amend our records.
If you have a question about a Blue Badge please use our online form