Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour can be complex and varied and is difficult to resolve by one service or department.

Tackling anti-social behaviour requires us to work with other agencies and organisations such as the Lancashire Police, the NHS and social landlords.

Blackpool Council and anti-social behaviour

We ensure that we deal with complaints of anti-social behaviour by involving the right services and agencies. We can help you deal with the following:

  • Unacceptable levels of noise from homes or businesses 
  • Animal related issues such as dog barking and dog fouling 
  • Removal of waste and fly-tipping 
  • Removal of graffiti 
  • Abandoned vehicles

Reporting anti-social behaviour to Blackpool Council

You can also telephone 01253 477477 or visit the Customer First Centre at Municipal Buildings on Corporation Street, FY1 1NF.

We aim to respond to all complaints within 3 working days but, often, our response is much quicker.

Reporting anti-social behaviour to the police

The majority of anti-social behaviour should be reported to the police. The following are some examples of the issues the police will deal with:

  • Rowdy and inconsiderate behaviour 
  • Neighbour disputes 
  • Vehicle nuisance 
  • Malicious telephone calls / messages 
  • Drug and substance misuse

To report anti-social behaviour to the police, call 101

If your call requires an emergency police response, call 999. Alternatively, you can contact your neighbourhood policing team directly. 

The police will ensure that each individual call for service is treated seriously. Calls are assessed in relation to the level of threat, risk or harm, which ensures that an immediate response is made when required or a planned response which suits the needs of the victim.

Reporting anti-social behaviour to Blackpool Coastal Housing

If you are a Blackpool Council tenant or the person responsible for the anti-social behaviour is a tenant, please report the issues to Blackpool Coastal Housing on:

Telephone: 01253 477555 during office hours or 0800 073 0184 out of hours