Blackpool Council garden waste service
Terms and conditions
1. You have agreed to pay Blackpool Council to collect garden waste that has been placed in a green waste domestic size wheeled bin (240 litre or below). The period of collection for 2018/19 runs from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
2. You have 14 working days from agreement to request cancellation of this service. Requests to cancel the service must be in writing to Waste Services, Community and Environmental Services Department, Blackpool Council, Number One, Bickerstaffe Square, Blackpool, FY1 3AH or emailed to email@example.com. Cancellations cannot be accepted by phone.
3. For your property to be eligible to subscribe to this service, we have to be able to get access with green waste collection vehicles. If this is not possible you will not be able to participate.
4. Our crew will only empty bins that have been paid for, supplied by us and registered on the contractors system, unless instructed to by a supervisor.
5. There will be no reductions for part year subscriptions and no refunds or part refunds for the cancellation of the service part way through the year. If there is evidence of misuse of the service or the bin by you, then the service may be cancelled. There will be no refund in these circumstances.
6. We empty green bins fortnightly, except between 3 December 2018 and 28 January 2019, or when other factors stop us such as very bad weather. Missed bins will be collected in line with our missed collection policy. We do not give refunds for missing a bin or being unable to collect a bin.
7. Your green bin(s) must be used for garden waste from domestic properties only (yours or your neighbour). Only garden waste may be placed loose in the bin. Garden waste includes grass cuttings, hedge clippings,, twigs, bark, leaves, straw, hay, flowers, plants, small branches, and rabbit bedding, but not large branches, turf, earth, soil, stones, gravel etc. The garden waste must not be placed in plastic bags, as this affects the composting process. Food waste CANNOT be placed in the garden waste bin, this includes raw/cooked vegetables/peelings.
8. If you employ a gardener or handyman service to maintain your garden, you can use your green lidded bin to dispose of garden waste as long as you have subscribed to the service.
9. Bins containing the wrong items will not be emptied. If you place the wrong items in the bin, it is your responsibility to remove the items before your next collection. If this continues, we may remove the bin(s) and no refund will be applied.
10. The bin lid(s) must be completely closed and no side waste will be collected, i.e. no extra waste next to the bin(s) or placed on the lid(s). If the bin is too heavy to be lifted safely, the householder will be expected to remove some green waste making it safe to lift for the next scheduled collection.
11. The bin(s) is provided for use by residents, but remains the property of Blackpool Council. There is no limit to the number of bins households can subscribe to for their property. The first bin will be charged at the rate of £35 for the period the service runs and subsequent additional bins at £30 per bin. Only bins supplied by the council will be emptied. Additional/replacement bins are supplied at a cost of £30. Bins supplied may be recycled ones. Garden waste presented in any other receptacles will not be collected. Bulk containers (only provided in exceptional circumstances), will be charged a fee according to their size, e.g. 960 litre bin - a fee of £120.
12. If the bin is damaged , the cost of repair or replacement will be recharged to you. If your bin is damaged, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Payment is required every year in advance using the online payment service by debit or credit card, or by visiting your local library or sports centre. Alternatively you can call the green waste subscription line on 01253 478800. You will be notified of the charge and payment date between January and March each year. If you don't pay by the specified payment date, we will withdraw our service until such time as you re-join the scheme.
14. Residents will be able to transfer their subscription service if they move home providing the new address is within Blackpool and meets the qualifying criteria. If you move home please take your green bin with you or you may be charged for a new bin.
15. Please ensure your bin is clearly identified with your house number.