Skip to main content

You will need to apply for a premises licence if your business is to be used to supply alcohol, provide entertainment, or provide late night refreshment, such as hot food and hot drinks between 11.00pm and 5.00am.

If the premises is to serve alcohol, there must be a nominated Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) who will be the main point of contact if problems occur. The supervisor must hold a Personal Licence.  No sale of alcohol is permitted if the supervisor leaves or if their personal licence is revoked, suspended or surrendered.

There is a 28 day consultation period when a new licence application is submitted. If no objections are received at the end of this period the licence will be granted and we aim to issue it within 10 working days.

Apply for a new premises licence

Please read the guidance notes [PDF 198KB] before applying – this gives information about the application procedure including requirements for submitting plans, advertising the application, the requirement to serve the application on each of the responsible authorities and the fees.

Download and complete the premises licence application form [PDF 502KB]. You will also need to submit a consent of DPS form 207KB], signed by the proposed Designated Premises Supervisor, if alcohol is to be supplied at the premises.

The form/s should be accompanied by a plan of your premises and the correct fee. If you are applying as an individual you will need to provide proof that you are entitled to work in the UK (see guidance notes on the back of the application form for ways in which to demonstrate your "Right to Work" status.)

Alternatively you can apply online.


If valid objections have been received by the end of the 28 day consultation period, the licensing committee will hold a hearing and will decide to either grant all or part of the application with or without conditions, or refuse the application.

You will be advised of the date and time of the hearing and provided with further information and guidance in relation to it.

Change of name or address

As a premises licence holder you must inform us in writing of any change to your name or address details. Failure to notify us of such changes is an offence. 

Both the original licence and summary, or a statement as to why it cannot be produced, should accompany the notification together with the fee of £10.50. Once we receive your request to update your details your amended licence is normally issued within 10 working days.

Copies of licences

You can apply for a copy of your premises licence if it has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. Your request should be made in writing with the fee of £10.50.

Your duplicate licence will normally be issued within 10 working days. 


Licensing service

Municipal buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF
Telephone 01253 478572

The licensing service is available to contact by telephone between 10:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday or visit in person by appointment only at the licensing desk at Blackpool Council's Customer First Centre on Corporation Street . 

handle bar template