When your baby is eight to 12 weeks old, you’ll see your health visitor at home who will check in on you and your baby, looking at their progress and offering general health and wellbeing advice.
Your baby will be offered vaccination at 12 weeks.
Visit your local Family Hub to access sessions and activities such as stay and play groups, see your health visitor, and the HENRY infant feeding team.
All children develop at their own pace as they learn about themselves, their family and world.
Development you may see at this stage includes:
- Making cooing noises
- Starting to push up on their bellies and holding their head
- Beginning to track objects or people with their eyes
Supporting your child to grow
- Engage with your baby by talking to them, especially when they make cooing noises
- Hold your baby close to your face and make eye contact
- Continue to give your baby safe space to enable them to move their head, arms and legs freely
Help and support
The parent infant service in Blackpool works with parents to support positive bonding and attachment in the perinatal period.
Your local Family Hub can support with a number of things that can impact on your parenting life such as debt, housing and relationships.
The I Can Cope (ICON) programme helps to support parents and carers to understand the normal crying pattern of young infants and keep babies safe.
Find out more about your child’s development and what to expect when.