Blackpool music service is nationally accredited accredited and is the lead organisation for Blackpool Music Education Hub.
The service works with and provides extensive support to all Blackpool schools and, up to 23 hours per week of instrumental and vocal lessons per school. It also offers free wider opportunities to all primary schools and academies which includes free instrumental loans and up to a year’s tuition.
It also offers many new community events for all to enjoy music making.
Facts and figures
- Our strength is our customer support. 96% of our schools requested Service Level Agreement support 2020 to 2021
- We provide weekly lessons in 90% of our schools including all 3 special schools, 6th form and education diversity
- With approximately 19,000 children in Blackpool, 21,000 participated in our events last year
- We provide free instrumental loans to all children, free resources and materials and free weekly ensemble and choral rehearsals
- 4,500 children have weekly lessons
- 36 students have now been offered seats in national orchestras
- Our extensive annual calendar of festivals, competitions and events is totally inclusive, diverse and provides equal opportunities
- All events, activities, programmes and new initiatives are based on needs analysis from our executive board, steering groups, pupil steering group and social media feedback
- Blackpool Music Service website is run independently but fully celebrates all that we do. The last 2 postings relate to our last 2 virtual performances and have received 48,000 hits
- Friend of Blackpool Music Service is a charity which provides additional support for tours, uniforms, pupils taking grade 5 upwards and examination accompaniments
- Financially Blackpool Music Service receives the 2nd lowest grant in England and yet achieves the second highest standard of all national hubs. With a Grant of £200K BMS then raises an annual amount in-excess of £500K and celebrates annual in-kind support in-excess of £150K
We provide 'Tiddly-om-pom-poms' at children centres across the town, a popular music and movement initiative enjoyed by babies, toddlers, parents, grandparents and carers.
Please contact Blackpool Music Service for more details about Tiddly-Om-Pom-Poms, our free ensembles and choirs for Blackpool children