Seeing Your Family
Last modified 14/06/2017 03:58:47
When will I see my family?
We know how important it is for you to see your family. When you first come into our care an agreement will be made to decide how often you will see your family, and any other people that are important to you. This agreement will also decide when and where it will take place. It is your social workers job to arrange this for you.
We will always encourage you to see your family unless:
- Your social worker is worried that it may not be safe
- There is a legal decision to say that you cannot see them
- You tell us that you do not want to see them
How will I see my family?
There are many different ways you can see your family.
- You may see your family member at a contact centre. A staff member from the centre, or your social worker may also be there
- You may meet up with your family member in a public venue such as a restaurant, at the park or you may do an activity together such as bowling. Your carer or social worker may go with you
- Your family member may visit you at home
- You may be able to meet up with your family member alone
All of this will be agreed when you first become looked after and it may change depending on your Care Plan.
If you have any questions or would like to Speak to us about anything else please do get in touch.