Care and repair is Blackpool’s home improvement agency.They work with people of all ages to help them live independently in their own homes by keeping them safe, warm and secure.
Made up of many different roles which complement each other the care and repair team. They are funded by:
- NHS Clinical Commissioning Group
- Blackpool Council adult services
- Blackpool Council children's services
The care and repair services include:
- Boiler repairs or replacements
- Heating Installations
- Draft proofing to windows, doors, letter boxes
- Window replacements (lounge and bedroom only)
It is for owner/occupiers who
- Are on low incomes with minimal savings
- Have a member of the household who have a long term cold related illness
- Struggle to keep warm at home and it is affecting their health
Help is provided with obtaining monies through various charity funding streams
Replacement white goods
Providing help to Blackpool residents to replace broken washing machines, fridges and freezers.
To qualify you must be:
- In receipt of a means tested benefit or on a low income
- Suffering with a chronic health condition
Home owner assistance (HOA)
Helping residents in Blackpool with financial help to assist with essential repairs to their property.
To qualify you must be a
- Homeowner on a means tested benefit
- Homeowner on a low income
If the resident is not entitled to HOA we may be able to provide help with accessing alternative charity funding.
Minor adaptations such as
- Grab rails
- Step adaptation
- Door threshold alterations
- Door widening
- Lowering work surfaces
Referrals are received from adult social care and occupational therapists.
Works are often priced at under approximately £1,000 (but can go up to approximately £2,000 with discretion).
Works are normally completed within 5-10 working days
This service is open to all ages and tenures who are:
- Chronically sick and disabled persons
- Owner occupiers, private rented, housing association properties
Certain criteria and eligibility apply
As part of our domestic violence strategy essential repairs are available to help victims return to or remain in their own homes.
- Materials are paid for by Blackpool Council
- Referrals are from any professional involved with a service user
- The service is open to all ages and tenures and is not means tested
Installation and repair of loops systems, loop pads and microphones for people who are sensory impaired
- Referrals from the sensory service at adult social care
- Materials are provided by the sensory service
- Labour charged to the minor works budgets dependent on tenure and undertaken in house by BCH trades
Blackpool Community Equipment Services (CES)
Assessments are carried out by occupational therapists for residents with disabilities requiring specialist equipment to help them to live at home and maintain their independence.
These assessments and interventions reduce hospital admissions.
We also provide this service to customers who live outside Blackpool whose GP is based in the town.
For more information about any of these services please contact care and repair
Telephone: 01253 476646