A Blue Badge can be issued to organisations that transport disabled people who, if they applied for a Blue Badge as individuals, would qualify in their own right.
An 'organisation’ is defined as meaning an organisation concerned with the care of disabled persons to which a disabled person’s badge may be issued.
Guidance notes are provided by the Department for Transport for organisations using badges.
They must not be used for the employee’s benefit.
Vehicles used for the transport of disabled people will normally be expected to be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) as being used for this purpose under the Disabled Passenger (DPV) taxation class.
The organisation must declare this. However, an organisational Blue Badge may be considered at the discretion of the council for a vehicle that does not have a DPV taxation class.
Organisational Blue Badges will only be issued to an organisation that:
- Cares for, and transports, a large number of disabled people who would meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for an individual Blue Badge
- Transport their disabled customers on a regular basis
- Has a clear need for an organisational badge rather than using the individual Blue Badges of people it is transporting
Your organisation must declare that:
- Drivers must not use an organisational badge for their personal use
- Failure to comply will be a disciplinary offence
- Extreme breaches of these rules could lead to dismissal
- The maximum penalty for an organisation that fails to comply with these rules is £1,000 and for the person(s) found guilty of such breaches is dismissal
The issue of organisational badges in Blackpool is at our discretion. We reserve the right to withdraw the Blue Badge(s) from the organisation if:
- There is clear evidence of serious and/or repeated breaches of use
- Applications are made by false representation
Organisations will need to provide:
- A logo on letter headed paper
- Details of the disabled passenger vehicle (DPV) license, photocopy of the tax disc and insurance details
- The same information as required for a DPV license and insurance details
A £10 fee is payable for each Blue Badge awarded. You can pay for your Blue Badge by any of the following methods:
- Debit / credit card - telephone the Customer First Centre on 01253 477477 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- By Post - cheques (not post dated) or postal orders should be crossed and made payable to Blackpool Council and sent to: Blue Badge Team, Customer First Centre, Town Hall, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1NF. (Please write Ref: Blue Badge Payment and your address on the back of your cheque.)
- Cash, cheques and card payments can be made in person at the Customer First Centre, Municipal Buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool, FY1 1AD