Skip to main content

Regularisation certificate application

With immediate effect Building Control can only accept applications submitted electronically.

Important information

Applications submitted after the 1 October 2023 will be subject to the provision of additional information before the application can be validated. The additional information is necessary due to the amendment of all building control applications due to legislation changes. All application forms will be updated in due course to reflect these amendments.

Before submitting your regularisation application please contact the buildign control section on 01253 476219 for the appropriate fee for your application.

To submit a regularisation application you can complete it online using the Planning Portal or  you can download and complete the application form Regularisation certificate application [PDF 449KB] You will need to complete the additional information form after completing the initial form.

Once completed you then return it by email to: or by post to: Building Control, PO Box 17, Corporation Street, Blackpool FY1 1LZ

Or you can submit your regularisation certificate application form via our website. You will need to complete the additional information form after completing the initial form.  

Where unauthorised work has been carried out after 11 November 1985 there is an option to submit an application for a regularisation certificate.

This option is normally undertaken to assist in the sale of a property when no proof of building regulation approval can be provided.


Plans and details should be submitted of the work undertaken and proposals showing any additional work that is required to meet compliance with the regulations.


Inspections will be carried out to ascertain whether or not the work complies with building regulations.  This may require the opening up, testing and/or sampling of materials. Some works may not be able to achieve compliance.

The applicant will be notified of any further work required to bring the building to the required standards in force at the time of the original work.

When this work has been satisfactorily completed, or if no further work is necessary, a regularisation certificate will be issued.

Please note: You will need to contact buidling control for an Individual Charge for Regularisation Applications before the application can be submitted.  Once payment has been recieved your application will be processed.