Blackpool Council's Building Control will close on December 23 2020 and reopen on 4 January 2021.
With immediate effect Building Control can only accept applications submitted electronically.
Types of applications
There are 2 basic types of application:
- Full Plans
- Building notice
Both of these systems have advantages depending on the type of scheme you are proposing.
There are also regularisation applications. The main differences are outlined on our application form and fees pages below.
All applications can now be submitted online to building control using the Planning Portal. Using this online service provides a range of benefits including:
- Working on applications in draft before submission
- Immediate delivery, acknowledgement and online record of completed applications
- Savings on postage and printing costs
- Online help function and telephone support line for completing applications
All building control applications that have been submitted Blackpool Council can be viewed online.
Application forms and fees
We are required to charge a fee for building regulation applications in accordance with the fee charging guidelines laid down by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Where work is to provide access and facilities in a building which is for the sole benefit of a disabled person/s, no fee will be required for these works.
If you are unsure of your fee for larger projects, please contact the building control team for a individual charge quote.
Paying your fees
Fees can be paid by any of the following methods:
- Cheque - made payable to Blackpool Council
- Card Payment - telephone 01253 476219 to pay by phone