Elections will take place for the role of councillor in the Highfield and Norbreck wards on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Notice of election
Statement of persons nominated
Notice of election agents
Notice of poll
We are putting arrangements in place to help ensure polling stations are safe places to vote. You can expect many of the measures you’ve become used to over recent months in shops and banks, such as hand sanitiser, floor markings and face coverings.
Please note some polling stations have moved to ensure we can put adequate safety measures in place. Your polling station will be detailed on your polling card or you can search for it below.
- Deadline for Registration – Monday 19 April 2021
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote – 5.00pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Deadline to apply for a proxy vote – 5.00pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021
Electors can apply for an emergency proxy if they are self-isolating or have COVID symptoms. Electors will also be able to change the name of an existing proxy up until 5.00pm on polling day, should their proxy show symptoms.
Visiting polling stations
- When visiting the polling station we ask that you:
- Wear a face covering unless you have a valid exemption
- Bring your own pen or pencil
- Follow signs and guidance from staff at the station to adhere to social distancing
- The Verification will be held on Friday 7 May 2021
- By Election count will be held on Friday 7 May 2021