Carleton Cemetery is situated just within Blackpool near to Carleton village and just outside Poulton-le-Fylde
It was opened in 1935 and now contains over 22,000 graves.
People are free to enjoy the pleasant surroundings of Carleton Cemetery by walking around the grounds.
The following rules must be observed if driving into the cemetery.
- The maximum speed limit is 10mph or walking speed
- Driving or parking on the grass s not permitted
- Roadways can be uneven, especially around the north part of the cemetery. Blackpool Council accepts no liability for any vehicles that are damaged especially when travelling at speeds in excess of 10mph
Water taps are situated throughout the cemetery.
We welcome responsible dog owners in the cemetery providing the dog is on a lead at all times and owner abide by the law of picking up after their dog.
The main gates are open every day of the year, from 8.00 am and are locked from 6.00 pm. This includes weekends and bank holidays.
Pedestrian access is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, due to a public right of way through the cemetery.
Book of Remembrance Room
Please note - Following government guidance, our Book of Remembrance Room is closed until further notice. However, if you wish to view an entry please contact our office who will be happy to email the entry to you.
Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: 8am to 6pm.
Office opening times - During COVID 19 restrictions
Our office is currently closed to the public.
However, we are available to deal with your enquiries by email or phone Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm.
If necessary, we can arrange an appointment for you to come into the office to meet face to face. This will be by prior arrangement only and for your safety we will discuss procedures when book the appointment with you.
Buildings in the cemetery
- The Bereavement Office is located in Lodge House by the main gate.
- Nibbles Cafe serves hot drinks and snacks and is located within the cemetery.
- The public toilets are next to Nibbles Cafe
- The crematorium and chapel are at the end of the main drive.
- The Book of Remembrance Room is within the Crematorium building.
- The Jewish Prayer House is located at the North end of the cemetery
- The columbarium forms part of the memorial wall surrounding the Rose Garden at the far end of the cemetery past the chapel.