Carleton Cemetery is situated within Blackpool near to Carleton village just outside Poulton-le-Fylde
It was opened in 1935 and has over 22,000 graves throughout.
People are free to enjoy the pleasant surroundings of Carleton Cemetery by walking around the grounds.
For your convenience, water taps are situated throughout the cemetery.
We welcome responsible dog owners in the cemetery, providing the dog is on a lead at all times and the owner abides by the law of picking up after their dog.
Horses are not allowed unless they form part of the funeral cortege.
The following rules must be observed when driving in the cemetery:
- The maximum speed limit is 10mph or walking speed
- We ask you not to drive or park on the grass
- Please park in the parking bays provided
- Blackpool Council accepts no liability for vehicles that may be damaged within the cemetery grounds
The main gates are open every day of the year at 8.00am and are locked at 6.00pm. This includes weekends and bank holidays.
Pedestrian access is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Book of Remembrance Room
Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Limiting close contact can help reduce the risk of catching or passing on COVID-19, please use the hand sanitiser provided before you enter the room and enter only 1 family at a time.
If you prefer not to make the visit in person and wish to view an entry, please contact our office who will be happy to email the entry to you.
To enable everyone the opportunity to leave cards and flowers in memory of their loved ones, all items displayed will be disposed of at regular intervals throughout the year.
Office opening times
Our office is currently closed to the public. However, we are available to deal with your enquiries by email or phone Monday to Friday between 9.00am to 4.00pm.
If preferred, we can arrange an appointment for you to come into the office to meet face to face. This will be by prior arrangement only and we will discuss our COVID safety procedures with you when the appointment is booked.
Buildings in the cemetery
- The Bereavement Office is located in Lodge House by the main gate
- Nibbles Cafe serves hot drinks and snacks and is located within the cemetery
- The public toilets are located next to Nibbles Cafe
- The crematorium and chapel are at the end of the main drive
- The Book of Remembrance Room is within the crematorium building
- The Jewish Prayer House is located at the North end of the cemetery
- The columbarium forms part of the memorial wall surrounding the Rose Garden at the far end of the cemetery past the chapel