Request a street to be cleaned
We think that clean, litter free streets are important. To help make this possible we do the following:
- Inspect and clean every residential street on a regular basis
- Sweep town centre streets daily
- Have a dedicated team of staff who empty our litter bins throughout the day
- Have an action team who clean up after large scale events
- Work with the community to take pride in their town
- Prosecute/fine people who litter or fly-tip
Despite our best efforts there are times when problems arise and you are welcome to tell us about them.
How you can help
We want everyone to be proud of our town. Keeping the streets clear of litter, street furniture clean and property free of graffiti is a everyone's responsibility.
You can help us do this by:
- Using the on-street rubbish and recycling bins
- Wrapping chewing gum in its original wrapper and putting it in the litter bin
- Not throwing your cigarette butts on the ground. Use an ashtray, litter bin
- Clearing up after your dog or any other animal when it fouls on the street, road, grass verges or park area
- Get involved with Keep Blackpool Tidy and join one of our regular litter picks
Request us to clean a street or report a problem
You can report:
- An untidy/littered street
- Graffiti on public land
- A syringe
- Overflowing litter bin
- A dead animal
- Request overgrown weeds to be sprayed
You can also report the following problems to us on their own pages:
After you make a report
Once you report an issue to us we will investigate it.
If it is on land that we control we will then arrange for it to be cleared. Priority will be given to syringes, dead animals and offensive graffiti.
Streetscene are also responsible for keeping Blackpool's main beach area clean. This area stretches between North Pier and South Pier and it is cleaned daily from May to October.
Outside of this period, daily inspections take place and any large tidal debris is removed where necessary.