Customer information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) updated 30 October 2020
Your booking at The Wedding Chapel
- Due to social distancing guidelines, we cannot now hold ceremonies in our Sea View Room, therefore all ceremonies will take place in the Tower View Room
- Tower View and Sea View Room bookings will be charged the 2020-2021 Sea View Room price
- Couples will receive the room dressing free of charge (if this has been pre-paid, you will be refunded)
- Register Officer ceremonies remain the same price
- From 28 September 2020, the maximum number of people who can attend a wedding or civil partnership in the Tower View Room is 15 people. This includes the couple, witnesses and guests. Anyone working at the The Wedding Chapel such as registrars, official photographers, security or attendants are not included in this total. All children are counted within the 15
- To those of our customers who have had to postpone their ceremony or future booking, we appreciate what a stressful time this has been for you. If you are trying to get in touch, please bear with us as at times, we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails. If you can’t get through by phone email firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish you can provide your phone number and someone will call you back as soon as they are able
Why not Live Stream your Tower View ceremony?
We now work alongside a fantastic new company called E-There who can live stream your Tower View Room ceremony to those relatives and friends. anywhere in the world. who are unable to attend in person.
Their packages include Streaming only, a full HD recording and/or a digital guestbook where messages and videos can be left for the happy couple from anywhere in the world on a personalised webpage.
Find out about their range of bespoke Wedding Chapel prices from their website You can contact them by clicking on the speech bubble icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen or you can email them at mailto:email@example.com or telephone 0800 029 1711.
Forthcoming ceremonies are still dependent on future governement advice. If the spread of the virus results in a second wave or a localised lockdown is enforced, future ceremonies may have to be postponed. It is possible that restrictions could remain in place until at least March 2021.
If you are contacted by your venue to postpone your ceremony, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Please see our page on Giving notice.
Coming to The Wedding Chapel
Covid Secure Venue
The Wedding Chapel has been risk assessed as Covid Secure and we continue to abide by Government guidance. Staff must be allowed to maintain a 2m social distance within The Wedding Chapel and we ask you to adhere to this.
- Please hand sanitise on entering and exiting the building (hand sanitisers are located on all floors of the building) and refrain from touching surfaces in public spaces if you can
- You will need to give your details for contact tracing purposes. This can be through scanning the QR code displayed throughout the building (using the NHS COVID-19 APP which needs to be installed on your smartphone) and/or adding your details to the contact tracing list given to the couple
- Everyone needs to wear a face covering and maintain social distance. This includes couples arriving for their ceremony (as everyone will pass through a retail shop) although the couple can remove their covering for the duration of the ceremony. Witnesses and guests must wear a face covering at all times. Children under 11 are exempt. Anyone else who is exempt from the regulations but is not wearing a lanyard may be challenged by our staff.
- Use the stairs where possible. Where this is not possible, a member from the same household can accompany one person in the lift
- The Wedding Chapel is now open for pre-booked appointments only
- We currently can't allow 'walk-ins' into our office at The Wedding Chapel. If you wish to speak to a member of staff in person, you will need to book an appointment. Please call 01253 477177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please arrive five minutes before your appoitment time
- Please use the hand sanitisers on entering the building
Please be aware that the situation is ever evolving and this guidance may need to be updated in line with government guidance as and when it is issued
Getting married at the Wedding Chapel Blackpool
The information below has currently been superseded by the above Covid guidance
Getting married at one of the UK’s most unique ceremony venues, The Wedding Chapel Blackpool, offers an unique experience like no other; there is nowhere on earth quite like it. Located in Lancashire on Blackpool's famous promenade.
This architecturally stunning building is beautiful both inside and out, and will provide the perfect ocean backdrop for your big day, large or small, day or evening.
Set on Blackpool’s seafront, it is the first of its kind this century and the only building on the seaward side of the promenade where couples can get married by the beach.
Our team of highly professional ceremonies officers are on hand to support and guide you through the process step by step. Your ceremony is important to us and we want to make it special for you.
Here are a few features of our unique venue that can make your big day extra special:
- A private balcony to create a perfect romantic photo backdrop where you can admire a 270º view overlooking glorious beaches, miles of sea and sand alongside the famous Blackpool Tower, Comedy Carpet and Promenade
- An amazing Tower View room for larger ceremonies which can accommode up to 75 guests (currently 15 attendees in total due to Government advice issued on 28 September 2020). It has a magnificent large window looking out towards the iconic Blackpool Tower
- As part of our premium package, the Tower View room can be decorated at the special price of only £50. This includes a stunning 'LOVE' sign, floral centrepiece and two matching pedestals which will complement any ceremony beautifully
- Live streaming of your ceremony in the Tower View Room where friends and relatives from anywhere in the world can watch you exchange your vows
- A Sea View room which caters for those looking for an intimate ceremony accommodating up to 10 guests (for new bookings taken from 24 June 2020 we cannot adequately socially distance in this room therefore the Tower View Room will be used instead)
- Blackpool Illumination and World Fireworks Championship weddings to coincide with these famous attractions and events that Blackpool has to offer each year. The Illuminations will be extended until 3rd January 2021 so there is plenty of time to book your ceremony with this stunning light spectacle as your backdrop
- Sunset weddings - book your romantic evening wedding where our beautiful sunsets will leave you with unique photographs and memories
- Hire one of Blackpool's vintage trams which has a designated stop right outside the Wedding Chapel
The Wedding Chapel
Office opening hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 3.00pm
Find us on Facebook