Our garden waste collection service is by subscription only and costs less than £1.60p a collection!
- Save time, money and hassle getting rid of your garden waste
- Fortnightly collections
- Low cost annual subscription
Green and Go collection costs
|Subscription|| Annual costs|
|Annual subscription for 1 bin
|Annual subscription for each additional bin
||£30 per bin per year
Please note: For residents who need an additional bin, a one-off charge of £30 will apply.
- It may take up to 14 days from subscription to you receiving first collection
- There will be a winter break in service between 3 December 2018 and 26 January 2019
- Your subscription will start on 1 April 2018
- There are no discounts/refunds for part-year subscriptions
- Grass, tree and hedge cuttings
- Twigs, bark and leaves
- Straw and hay
- Flowers and plants
- Small branches
We won't collect
- Food waste
- Fruit and vegetables, including peelings
- Any side waste
- No collections will be made between 3 December 2018 and 26 January 2019
- Bins need to be presented for collection by 7.30am
If you move house within Blackpool and your address is eligible to join the scheme you will need to take your bin with you or may be charged for a new bin.
Please let us know as soon as possible of a change to your address.
Composting is a great way to get rid of garden waste. Blackpool Council has teamed up with getcomposting.com to provide exclusive offers on compost bins.
Recycle your garden waste and unwanted household items for free! Visit the tip at Bristol Avenue, Blackpool
Remember, you can put garden waste in your grey bin and we’ll collect it as normal.
Collection of unwanted bin
If you have a green bin that you no longer require you can take it to the tip on Bristol Avenue.
If you are not able to take it yourself to Bristol Avenue then we are happy to come and collect it.
Request collection of an unwanted bin