Our garden waste collection service is by subscription only and costs less than £2 a collection!
- Save time, money and hassle getting rid of your garden waste
- Fortnightly collections
- Low cost annual subscription
Green and Go collection costs
|Subscription|| Annual costs|
|Annual subscription for 1 bin
|Annual subscription for each additional bin
||£30 per bin per year
Online subscription for the 2021/2022 green waste collection service are now closed.
2022/2023 new subscriptions
You can now subscribe to our the green waste collection service for 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023. If you have an existing subscription and wish to renew it please use our renewal form
- It may take up to 14 days from subscription to you receiving first collection
- There will be a winter break in service between 25 November 2022 and 20 January 2023
- Subscriptions start from 1 April 2022 and run until 31 March 2023
- There are no discounts/refunds for part-year subscriptions
- Grass, tree and hedge cuttings
- Twigs, bark and leaves
- Straw and hay
- Flowers and plants
- Small branches
We won't collect
- Food waste
- Fruit and vegetables, including peelings
- Any side waste
- No collections will be made between 25 November 2022 and 20 January 2023
- Bins need to be presented for collection by 7.00am
If you move house within Blackpool and your address is eligible to join the scheme you will need to take your bin with you or may be charged for a new bin.
Please let us know as soon as possible of a change to your address.
Composting is a great way to get rid of garden waste. Blackpool Council has teamed up with getcomposting.com to provide exclusive offers on compost bins.
You can take your garden waste to the tip on Bristol Avenue, but please make yourself aware of the restriction in force before travelling
Remember, you can put garden waste in your grey bin and we’ll collect it as normal.
Collection of unwanted bin
Request collection of an unwanted bin