Struggling to find a job
Positive Steps into Work is a FREE council service to help get unemployed people back into work.
It's all part of our commitment to regenerating Blackpool and making it a better place to live, work and do business.
We know it can be hard to get a job if you've been out of work for a while. When you come to us for support, you'll get your own experienced employment adviser who will give you the best advice available to help you on your journey back to work.
Whether that's help to find a training course or work placement, writing a CV or helping with job applications, tips on handling job interviews or paying for interview clothes or work equipment when you get a job.
We can do it all!
How we can help:
- Create a strong, personal CV
- Write cover letters
- Job search support
- Improve your computer, maths and English skills
- Access to job specific training
- Access to benefits advice
- Improve your health and wellbeing working with our healthy lifestyles coach
- Job application support - online and written
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Improve your interview technique
- Arrange a work trial and unpaid work placement
Whatever you need, just ask, and if we can't help, we'll make sure we put you in touch with the right service to give you the support you need to get back to work.
The best part of all is that our services come absolutely free because we're committed to helping local people get back to work with local businesses and making a real difference to people's lives.
To speak to someone about back to work support you can:
- Text or call Darren on 07824361251
- Call our office on 01253 477300 or
- Pop into The HealthWorks, 1 Clifton St (near Blackpool Town Hall) to have a chat with one of our friendly employment advisers
- Email Darren.email@example.com with your contact details