Housing Options CoVid 19 Contingency Plan
The arrival of the CoVid 19 Virus has meant that all services have had to adjust how they deliver their service. We want to take this opportunity to reassure you that Housing Options will still provide a frontline service for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
However, in order to protect the public, we do need to reduce face-to-face contact with customers. So please do NOT attend the offices unless it is an emergency and you do not have access to a telephone or the internet.
How to contact Housing Options
We have increased the number of staffed telephone lines and extended the opening times to ensure people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness can receive advice and assistance.
Call Housing Options on 01253 477760
Telephone opening times:
- 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- 1.00pm to 5.00pm Wednesday
- 9.00am to 4.30pm Friday
We will always call you back if you need us to.
You can also contact us by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Office opening hours
We recognise that it is not always possible to deal with enquiries over the telephone, so there will be provision to see people at our offices on Chapel Street. This will be a limited services for people who are in urgent need (i.e. homeless that day) and have no access to phones.
If you are unable to access the telephone and in urgent need, our office opening hours are:
- 1.00pm to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
How we can help
Housing Options is a one-stop service for local people to provide housing related advice and help prevent homelessness.
If you are experiencing difficulties with any of the following please contact us and we will do our best to help you:
- Your landlord has asked you to leave
- You are not getting on with the people you live with
- You cannot afford your mortgage, rent and/or bills or have other problems managing your tenancy or accommodation
- You are currently homeless
- Your accommodation is not suitable because it is too small or in poor condition
- You accommodation is not suitable because of a medical condition or disability
- You are experiencing, or are at risk of violence, abuse or harassment