Last Modified July 25, 2017
Sport Blackpool provide a range of activities across our sites for babies and toddlers that enable them to develop key skills whilst having lots of fun and meeting new friends.
These activities include the following:
Early Start is a physical activity development programme for young children aged 0-5 Years. The programme kick starts their journey into physical activity; at no other point will children learn so many physical, creative thinking and life skills that are crucial to their growth and development to sustain good and long term health and well-being. It is vital that young early year's children are given the best opportunity right from the start in order to be active for life.
Sport Blackpool's Promise
We look to:
- Raise participation and opportunities for young children 0-5 years to participate.
- Ensure and support the development of gross motor and locomotors activities which are fun and achievable for all.
- Use trained professionals to provide support and guidance to enhance the delivery and knowledge of physical activity within your nursery setting.
- Up Skill and train nursery teachers and support staff.
- Sustain participation outside the nursery door, and look for parents to engage with their children through physical activity by providing home based activities for children to further develop their movement skills.
What we offer
Learn to Cycle
Learn to cycle is a unique and exclusive programme for age 2 years and above, to learn and get an early start into cycling. Sport Blackpool has a range of scoot bikes on offer to provide the confidence and practise for young early years children. Having an early start can only speed up the cycling skills and having them riding around on two wheels in no time.
To book, call 01253 478474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre School Tiddler swimming lessons
These fun 30 minute lessons operate mornings and afternoons, term time only and are designed to develop water confidence in a safe and friendly environment. The swimming teacher will accompany children in the pool, supporting the children as they learn a wide range of aquatic skills and progress through the Blackpool Learn to swim scheme Tiddler swimming certificates.
Lessons cost £4.60 per child per week, paid as a course of lessons.
To book, call 01253 478474 or email email@example.com