Last Modified July 28, 2017
Customer notice: Bancroft Park Climbing Towers are currently closed for maintenance.
George Bancroft Park
Telephone: 01253 349749
Blackpool Climbing Towers are situated on Bancroft Park in the south of Blackpool and offers a unique outdoor location for climbing.
The tripod structures provide overhanging, vertical and easy - angled slab routes that offer climbing for both the beginner and experienced climber alike.
There is also an open access bouldering wall situated on Bancroft Park. The natural stone 2.5 metres high and 12 metres long utilises different rock types throughout providing a variety of climbing moves to aid specific training.
Sport Blackpool provide rock climbing instructors, all of whom are qualified and experienced at working with a variety of groups from young people to adults as well as disabled groups.
We are able to deliver both one-off sessions as well as on-going sessions to develop climbing skills and knowledge.
A ratio of 1 instructor to 9 students aims to maintain safety while ensuring participating students spend a sufficient amount of time climbing.
All equipment is provided for the activity. If climbing at Blackpool climbing towers, it is recommended to bring warm clothing.
Why not reach for the sky on your special day! Come along for some expert guidance from one of our instructors, in a one hour climbing session for you and up to 8 friends
Complete the party enquiry form, to arrange a fantastic birthday to remember!
Groups may book the climbing towers and bring their own instructors. External Instructors will need to pass an induction and show their qualifications to a Blackpool Council Instructor prior to the session. If you intend to lead a climb please bring your own rope for use on the climbing towers. The minimum rope length needed is 45 metres. Please complete the climbing enquiry form.
We offer free parking facilities in the local car park 400 metres away from the climbing towers. You will require a parking pass to use this car park free of charge
Directions to Climbing Towers and car park
Please note, there is no parking allowed on Bancroft Park itself.
- Head west on M55 toward exit 3
- Continue onto A5230
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Yeadon Way (2miles)
- At the petrol station roundabout, take the 1st exit then turn right into car park and head towards the bridge
- After leaving your parking voucher visible in your car, take the pathway to the right leading under the bridge and into the next car parking area
- The climbing towers should be visible across the other side of the road. Continue through the car park until you reach the crossing, this will lead you straight to Base Camp at the Climbing Towers