All types of customer feedback are invaluable and can help us improve our services. So, please tell us if:
- You have an idea for how we could do things differently
- You are happy with a service or member of staff
- You are dissatisfied with a service we have provided or the way you have been treated
Ways to contact us
You can give us your feedback in the following ways:
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By writing directly to Blackpool Council, Municipal Buildings, Corporation Street, Blackpool FY1 1NF
- By completing a feedback form, available at council reception points
- By calling the Customer First Centre on 01253 477477
- In person at a council building or office
- Via your MP, local councillor, or other third party
How we will deal with comments and compliments
- We will pass your comments and compliments on to the relevant service within 1 working day of receiving them
- We will consider your feedback in an open-minded and impartial way
- We will use it to help improve our services
How we will deal with complaints
We will aim to address your complaint as soon as possible in a way that you are happy with:
- If we can’t do this straight away, we will contact you within 5 working days, explaining what we will do to address your complaint and how long this will take
- We will use your preferred method of contact to respond to your complaint i.e. visit, telephone, email or letter
- If dealing with your complaint takes longer than expected, we will contact you to explain why and when you can expect a full response from us
- We will advise you on how to take your complaint further if you are unhappy with the result
Separate statutory procedures apply to certain types of complaints and therefore they will be dealt with differently. This includes complaints relating to:
- Adult and children’s social care
- Parking and traffic offences
- Refusal of a disabled badge for parking
- Housing benefit decisions
- Local council tax support scheme decisions
- Refusal of planning permission
- Cases where legal action has already started
- Schools, school admissions or exclusions
- Conduct of councillors
- Organisations providing a service on behalf of the council such as Blackpool Coastal Housing or Blackpool Transport
- Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations requests.
On receipt of your complaint, we will ensure that it is dealt with using the correct procedure.
Your right to appeal
If you are unhappy with our initial response to your complaint you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed by a senior officer (details of how to do this will be included in the initial response to your complaint).
We will contact you within 5 working days of receiving your appeal, explaining how we will review your complaint and how long this will take.
If after reviewing your complaint you are still unhappy with the outcome, you can send your complaint to the chief executive (details of how to do this will be included in the response to your appeal).
If you are still not satisfied, you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman, who will provide an impartial review of how we have handled your complaint.
The ombudsman will only consider a complaint if we have been given the chance to address it first.
Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Telephone: 0300 061 0614
Text: ‘call back’ to 07624 811 595